We are currently building an exciting team to better serve the Surron™ community in Canada & the US. Our electric off-road bikes are already in the market, supported by an ever-expanding dealer network and a dedicated management team.
If you're passionate about powersports (especially off-road bikes!) and want to get on the ground floor with an energetic electric moto company, check out our job postings below. If those don't suit you, don't worry! We're looking for new team members who possess the right experience, skill set and attitude.
Send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Job openingsLegal Counsel
Customer Service Manager
Human Resources Manager
*NEW* Legal Counsel
The company’s Legal Counsel handles all legal and compliance operations in relation to DIAN Motors Inc. and is the company’s primary legal representative. The incumbent advocates for sound public policies to support business sustainability, provides vital legal and business advice to top management, and manages the company’s legal risk across many areas. The successful candidate will have a high level of input on business decisions for an exciting, rapidly growing company.
The incumbent will report to the CEO directly and can be based remotely out of any province in Canada or in-person at DIAN’s headquarters in Ottawa, ON.
Job tasks & Responsibilities
- Represents the company as official legal counsel in several contexts, including legal proceedings and alternative dispute resolutions.
- Handles all government affairs in relation to products, including legislative advocacy alongside industry partners and national/provincial powersports associations.
- Ensures product and operational compliance with municipal, provincial, national, and U.S. laws, regulations, standards and guidelines.
- Manages regulatory filings and administrative work in relation to laws, regulations, standards, and guidelines, including End of Model Year Reports and Notices of Defect or Non-compliance for safety recalls.
- Assesses the risks involved in company decision-making and manages those risks in relation to laws, regulations, standards, and guidelines, by participating in internal (Quality Assurance) or external product assessments.
- Drafts and manages all company legal filings and standard documents, both internal and external. Standard documents include, but are not limited to contracts, agreements of all types and internal policies.
- Ensures safety and security of critical company documentation and information in accordance with lawyer professional responsibility standards and applicable access to information and privacy legislation.
- Liaises and coordinates with external counsel on a range of issues, including corporate, commercial, employment, litigation, intellectual property, financial, retail, marketing, regulatory, insurance, and more.
- Stays updated on all relevant industry risks and programs, in addition to legal developments.
- Fosters a strong network of collaboration among internal teams and industry groups, by acting as a subject-matter expert in working groups and committees.
- Assists in related strategic initiatives and ancillary tasks as required.
- Some travel in Canada & the US required.
- Full-time, 40 hrs/week
Requirements & Qualifications
- J.D. or LL.B. degree.
- Member in good standing with any provincial bar association
- Minimum 2 years of legal practice experience (in-firm or in-house)
- Professionalism and integrity
- Strong communication skills
- Fact-based, data-driven, and detail-oriented
- Highly organized
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to work in a team environment
- Able to manage an entire department independently
- Legislative compliance and government affairs experience in powersports or equivalent industry
- Demonstrated passion for powersports an asset
- Knowledge of or experience with U.S. laws and administration an asset
- Technical and mechanical knowledge of vehicles an asset
- Bilingualism an asset (French or Chinese)
In order to be considered for the position, please include your salary expectations (range).
Customer Service Manager (Flexible, remote)
We are looking for a Customer Service Manager with excitement, passion and experience with bikes! This position focuses on all levels of customer interaction, including phone, email, and live chat. You will have the responsibility of taking care of the customer, no matter what it takes. This role is key to our success: you are the lifeline between our brand and our customers.
Internally, you will be tasked with providing feedback to the factory to create and improve products, improve the customer experience, and troubleshoot installation challenges.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Provide expert advice for the unique needs of each customer via phone, email, and chat
- Handle customer complaints reasonably, show empathy and a positive attitude, and demonstrate our commitment to “Make Things Right”
- Accurately and patiently obtain a clear understanding of customer problems and utilize company procedures to provide a direct remedy to the customer’s problem, if possible. If necessary, refer the customer issue to management for corrective action within the company
- Talk customers through installation and use of motorcycle accessories and parts
- Maintain composure and focus on solutions and customer satisfaction for all situations involving customers
- Conduct telephone follow-up for service customers courteously and promptly
- Work with Sur Ron team to improve the customer experience
- Support management with information as required regarding all incoming and outgoing phone calls and regarding observations of all interactions between customers
- Process reports to support sales and service activities and for management review, as requested
- Drive to deliver a great customer experience that exceeds expectations
- Previous customer service experience - preferably in the automobile, motorcycle, bicycle or ebike industry
- Experience with customer service software or inbound call centre. ZenDesk experience is considered a strong asset
- Ability to multi-task with attention to detail in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to independently problem-solve
- Polished written and verbal communication skills; this career is writing- and communication-intensive
- A love of people! You'll be interacting with customers and your team all day, every day
- A love of bikes, riding, and all that goes with it
- Fluency in English and French languages is strongly preferred
- Strong understanding of bicycles or motorcycles. Must know what a sprocket, fork and swingarm are!
- Knowledge and experience of Sur Ron and/or relevant electric bikes is also considered an asset
Human Resources Manager (Full-time, Ottawa)
We are looking for a highly qualified candidate to oversee all aspects of human resources practices and processes. To us, an HR Manager is the go-to person for all employee-related issues. This means that your HR Manager duties will involve managing activities such as recruitment, employee relations, performance management, training, development and talent management.
Job Tasks & Responsibilities
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Reviewing performance evaluations and other reports
- Maintain the work structure by updating job requirements and job descriptions for all positions
- Train new employees to create training programs
- Establish salaries for new hires
- Answer questions from employees, record and investigate complaints when needed
- Report back to senior management and provide an overview of what the organization is doing in regard to personnel
- Proven working experience as an HR Manager or other HR Executive (+5 years)
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources, personnel management, business administration, industrial relations, psychology, or a similar field
- Understanding of the products or services the business provides and the industry overall
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Leadership skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Thorough knowledge of employment laws
- Ability to keep track of a variety of details
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Strong English is a must; French is an asset
Financial Controller (Full-time, remote)
We are looking for a Financial Manager to plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the operation of financial and accounting departments.
Duties for the financial controller will include managing accounting records, evaluating and managing risk, ensuring compliance with regulations, publishing financial statements, overseeing accounting operations, analyzing financial data, monitoring expenditure, forecasting revenue, coordinating auditing processes, and ensuring accuracy of financial information.
Your strategic planning and exceptional numerical proficiency as a financial controller will aid our organization in maintaining positive revenue and financial growth.
The ideal candidate should possess strong analytical skills, exceptional problem-solving skills, a flair for numbers, be highly organized, and have excellent leadership skills. The noteworthy financial controller should streamline our accounting functions and operations, provide financial analysis and reports, train staff on business finance issues, promote regulatory compliance, and drive income generation.
- Analyzing financial data & preparing financial reports
- Monitoring internal controls
- Overseeing and preparing income statements
- Participating in budgeting processes
- Managing financial transactions
- Streamlining accounting functions and operations
- Evaluating and managing risk
- Coordinating audit processes
- Notifying and reporting to senior management concerning any trends that are critical to the organization's financial performance
- Handling monthly, quarterly and annual closings
- Reconciling accounts payable and receivable
- Computing taxes and prepare tax returns
- Advising on how to reduce costs and increase profits
- Keeping account books and systems up to date
- Supporting executives in moving Dian Motors Inc. toward its mission and goals with financial information and analysis
- Handling payroll processing
- Answering accounting procedure questions by researching and interpreting accounting policy and regulations
- Degree in accounting or equivalent
- Proven experience in finance management (+5 years)
- Good communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Auditing experience
- Proficiency in accounting software, i.e. Quickbooks Online
- Analytical skills
- CPA certification or equivalent experience will be considered
- Strong English is a must; French is an asset
Service Manager/TechnicianJob description
In our company, we love riding and the experiences that electric bikes are able to deliver. We believe in the future of electric bikes. As our Service Manager/Technician, you’re as good with people as you are with your hands. After all, it’s your job to interact with customers, assess their needs, and then setup, repair, and maintain their equipment. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to gain exceptional experience in a varied and fast-paced environment.
- Maintain second level support.
- Provide training courses to dealers for repair and service.
- Manage parts and accessories database.
- Perform service and repairs on a variety of makes and models of bikes.
- Assist in daily operations, including inventory management and repairs.
- Deliver professional, accessible and friendly service to our diverse customer base.
- Complete assignments and projects to meet our high quality standards.
- Collect and analyze feedbacks from consumers.
- Any additional tasks that insure excellent customer service and outstanding value.
- Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of electric bike and motorcycle technology, accessories, and parts.
- Highly competent in bike repair, diagnosis, and maintenance.
- Must have a minimum M2 license.
- Experienced mechanic with minimum 4+ years of experience working on bikes or motorcycles in a professional environment.
- Valid certification for e-bike/motorcycle technician or equivalent license (required)
- Motorcycle Mechanic Trade Certification
- DEC in mechanical engineering (preferred)
- Minimum 2+ years of experience working with electric parts of vehicles.
- Knowledge and experience working with Sur-Ron or any other relevant brand is considered an asset.
- Desire and capacity to continually learn and increase skills and abilities, develop professionally, keep up with new technologies.
- Friendly, approachable, and customer-oriented.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- A positive and professional attitude and a consistent work ethic, must be self-motivated and work well alone as well as on a team.
- Must be comfortable in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Must be bilingual (French and English)